The Physical Badge is a choose-your-own adventure combining the Method A Ramble and Method B Physical Development badges. To complete your Physical Badge it should take you at least six months including all the planning required for your chosen option
The two options you have to complete this badge are:
- Participating in a physical or sporting activity for six months, or
- Completing a physical journey over four days, or two weekends of over 48 hours' effort each.
You must have completed the requirements of the Squire Training badge to commence this Badge.
What are some examples of what I could do?
- Train in self-‐defense
- Learn to how to swim
- Train to run a marathon, iron man, adventure race or triathlon
- Join a sporting team such as calisthenics, cheerleading, wheelchair basket ball, lawn bowls football or netball
- Learn yoga
- Learn how to scuba dive, water ski, sail or surf
- Go to the gym or join a fitness/bootcamp program (to meet a set training goal)
- Learn to rock climb, cave or abseil
- Coach a team sport
- Hiking the Great Ocean, or Cradle Mountain, Kokoda, Milford, Larapinta, Bibbulmun tracks
- Canoe, raft, kayak, sail down a river, another waterway or through the Whitsunday Islands
- Cycle one of the many Rail Trails in Victoria
What are some examples of what I can't do?
- Join a Chess Club
- Learn to Drive
- Travel across the State or Country by train, plane or other transport options
- 4WD expeditions
If you have completed a Method B Physical Development Badge or a relevant Method A Ramble then you can transition across and get your Physical Badge. You can also count any progress made towards either of these old badges as progress in the Physical Badge