The cost for a Rover Advanced Practical course is $150, and with the refund offer provided by the State Association for those who complete their Woodbadge within 12 months of the course, your Group is a great place to turn for financial support. Rover Advanced is the level of training required for people planning to run for the role of VRC Chairman, Deputy Chair, Assistant Chair, or Training Officer.
Like all of our Rover training, this course takes advantage of the Scout eLearning system and feedback from previous courses to cut down on the boring parts of training and focus on giving you the skills and techniques you need to be a dynamic leader in the Rover section!
The May Madness Advanced Course is running at Gilwell Park, Gembrook on the weekend of May 13th and 14th. Applications close on April 21st.
You should come this weekend because it's going to be fun! We guarantee it!
The are some prerequisites to be able to register for the course that are listed below. You also need to ensure you have completed your Rover In-Service before you attend the course, if you need help completing your In-Service or any other component of the training please contact the VRC Training Officer so that you can be assigned a PLA to help you with your training.
To register to attend the Advanced Course
You need to have done:
- Rover Basic Practical (formerly Rover Basic Sectional Techniques)
- Rover Basic Outdoors (formerly Rover Basic Practical Supplement)
- All eight Advanced eLearning modules on http://training.scouts.com.au/rovers
- Intro to Advanced Leadership Training
- Advanced Scouting Fundamentals
- Advanced Personal Skill Development
- Programming for Personal Growth
- Advanced Scout Safe
- Growing your Group
- World Scouting & Cultural Diversity
- Advanced Organisational Management for Rovers, OR
Once that is on your extranet record, you can register online via: www.vicrovers.com.au/training/apply - CourseID is 105102
Between registration and arriving at the course on Friday night you will also need to do:
- Have your Rover In-Service recorded, see www.vicrovers.com.au/training/basic/inservice, and talk with your PLA.
- Secret Tasks that your tutor will provide you and your course crew in the time leading up to the course.
If there are any questions please contact the team at Rover Training