Victorian Rovers support initiatives that makes Rovering available to more people.
Starting or restarting a Crew is a very worthwhile thing to do if there are a group of people committed to it. It might be appropriate to start a Rover Crew if:
- it is not practical to travel to the closest Crews.
- none of the closest Crews share similar interests
- local Crews cannot support any more members
Because it can take a lot of support to start or restart a Crew, it is sometimes better to find an existing Crew with an established program, at least until there are enough people to support a new Crew. Remember that by joining an existing Crew, you will contribute to shaping its program and its personality. Some things to consider are:
- Will a new Crew be sustainable, or will it fold?
- Have we tried how nearby Crews do Rovering?